2015 EVENT DETAILS
2015’s theme is: “The Art of Negotiating Throughout Life”.
The event was held on April 10, 2015, from 11-2 pm at the Hyatt At The Bellevue, on 200 South Broad Street in Philadelphia.
2015 KEYNOTE SPEAKER
Jennifer Gaiski, Senior Vice President, Content Acquisition, Comcast Cable Communications
Jen Gaiski has been acquiring and selling programming within the cable industry for almost 20 years. Jen not only negotiates and administers program contracts, she also coordinates field operations and communications within Comcast to implement those deals. Over the last 17 years, she has played a key role in helping shape the company’s video offering as Comcast has grown from an MSO serving 2.7 million customers to the nation’s leading provider of cable, entertainment and communications products and services for more than 22 million customers. Jen works collaboratively to strike deals that help content partners succeed. She is known as a negotiator who is tough but fair and as a relationship builder. Jen has been listed as one of the “Top 50 Most Influential Women in Cable” by Cable World Magazine multiple times in her career, most recently ranking #19. She has been recognized by CableFAX as a “Women on the Move” and has received the distinguished status of “Wonder Woman” by WICT’s New York City Chapter and Multichannel News.
2015 EVENT EMCEE
Lu Ann Cahn, Emmy-award winning journalist and former NBC10 reporter
Lu Ann Cahn is an 8 time Emmy winning reporter for NBC10 WCAU in Philadelphia. She’s is a well known as a national award winning investigative journalist and as a long time breast cancer survivor who made her personal story public in 1991.
In 2010, while working full time, she set off on new positive personal journey to get her life unstuck by doing something new every single day for a year.
She documented those first time experiences in her self-help memoir I Dare Me (Penguin/Random House ’13) featured on the Today Show, CNN Headline News, Extra and BBC radio.
Ms. Cahn graduated Phi Beta Kappa from the University of Georgia and lives with her husband in Montgomery County.
2015 PHEBE NOVAKOVIC AWARD RECIPIENT – Brenda DeFeo
Vice President Bryn Mawr Hospital/Main Line Health
Brenda DeFeo has more than 20 years of management experience in healthcare and hospital administration. She is currently a Vice President for Bryn Mawr Hospital, one of four acute care hospitals in the Main Line Health System of Southeastern Pennsylvania. Ms. DeFeo joined Bryn Mawr Hospital in 2001 and currently directs the hospital’s clinical support services, outpatient services and the oncology and pediatrics service lines.
Ms. DeFeo is a strong supporter for the advancement of women and girls. She currently serves on the board of Women’s Way, is a trustee of the Valentine Foundation, and a member (and former chair) of the Maternity Care Coalition’s Corporate Advisory Committee. Ms. DeFeo served 6 years as a board member and treasurer of the Women’s Resource Center and is currently a member of their advisory board.
2015 Honoree – ROMONA RISCOE BENSON
Romona Riscoe Benson
PECO – Corporate Relations
Romona Riscoe Benson, Manager of Corporate Relations with PECO Energy, has more than 25-years of strategic leadership in the areas of programming, marketing, community affairs, museum management, and tourism promotion. Benson comes to PECO after serving as president and CEO of the African American Museum in Philadelphia and is a nationally recognized speaker on multicultural subjects most notably in the areas of community empowerment, economic development, culture, tourism and hospitality. Romona is an active leader in the Philadelphia region. She has served on boards and committees such as the Philadelphia International Airport, Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, Philadelphia School Partnership, National MS Society, People’s Light and Theater, the Mayor’s Commission on Arts, Culture and the Creative Economy and, the Philadelphia City Council Task Force on Hospitality & Tourism.
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR 2015 SPONSORS FOR SUCH A SUCCESSFUL LUNCHEON
Greene, Tweed & Co.
Independence Blue Cross
Johnson, Kendall & Johnson Benefits, Inc.
Lincoln Financial Group
Main Line Health
Morgan Lewis & Bockius
The Leader’s Edge/Leaders By Design
401 East Elm Alliance
Beacon Bridge Wealth Partners
dermHA/ Skin Health Solutions
Cristo Rey Angels
Entrust Financial, LLC
Five Star Women
Genesis Healthcare Employee Foundation
RBC Wealth Financial Management
SB1 Federal Credit Union
The Beacon Group of Companies
The O’Connor Group
UCCI United Concordia
VSP Vision Care
Walsh Accounting Solutions
Wolters Kluwer Health
Berner Klaw & Watson
Daly/Woody Law Firms
Institute for Women’s Health and Leadership
Juno Search Partners
Reliance Standard Life Insurance
In Kind Sponsors:
The Women’s Resource Center is grateful to the In-Kind sponsors who have dedicated their time and services to the success of the 9th Leadership Luncheon.
Aon – Program book
Broadpath, Inc – Public Relations
Events by Renee – Event Planning
Main Line Print Shop
Mike Levin Photography – Videographer
Scripps Network Interactive
Terry Scholl Photography
Vendor and Boutique Shopping at the 2015 Luncheon
LuAnn Cahn – “I Dare Me Book”
Events by Renee by Renee Patrone
• Events by Renee is the leading authority in event planning for the tri-state area. Renee will be joined by another vendor. Party Host Helper “Great Helpers Make Hosts Amazing!”
Holly Designer Handbags & Accessories by Holly Medoff
• Located at 50 Belmont Avenue, Bala Cynwyd, PA, specializing in Women’s Handbags, Accessories and Apparel
Stella & Dot by Susannah Rinker
• Stella & Dot designs an irresistible line of fashion jewelry, bags and fashion accessories that can be purchased exclusively at home parties or online. Shop their collection of women’s jewelry, including fashion necklaces, fashion bracelets, fashion earrings and fashion rings.
• Woodlynde School is an independent co-educational college prep school located in suburban Philadelphia for intelligent, talented students with learning differences.
• Located at 445 Upper Gulph Road, Strafford, PA
Main Line Family Law
• Main Line Family Law Center has become the primary source in the Main Line and Philadelphia area for spouses who are facing separation and divorce, and want to approach it in the healthiest way possible.
• PO Box 21, Havertown, PA
Silpada by Ann Levit
• Silpada is dedicated to designing the highest quality jewelry on the market. Every piece of Silpada Jewelry is handcrafted by artisans, and talented in-house design team that travels the world to source the latest trends and designs.
• An Olive Oil Taproom located at 113 W. Lancaster Avenue,Wayne, PA. Enjoy and taste the Extra Virgin Olive Oils and Balsamics in an array of recipes and learn how to incorporate them into your favorite recipes.
Art Works LLC Painted Glass Work by Angela Marchesani
• ArtWorks, LLC specializes in hand-painted glassware
Berkshire Hathaway with Dana Caterson-Zdancewicz, Laura Caterson
• Hire The Caterson Advantage Team and you will have the professionalism and enthusiasm it will take to get your home sold and settled in a timely and smooth manner. They serve both buyers and sellers which gives them the opportunity to have personal contact and lasting relationships with their clients
• The Caterson Advantage Team Website
Scripps Network Interactive
• Scripps Networks Interactive is the leading developer of high-profile content for many lifestyle media platforms including television, digital, mobile and publishing. Our media portfolio of popular lifestyle brands – HGTV, DIY Network, Food Network, Cooking Channel, Travel Channel and Great American Country – connect with viewers to provide relevant ideas, information and solutions every day, everywhere.
dermaHA & Skin Solutions
• dermHA is led by its Founder and President, Mildred Bell. Mildred is a licensed medical esthetician with over 30 years of experience in the skincare and beauty industry. She is a member of the Society of Plastic Surgical Skin Care Specialists, the Day Spa Association, an associate member of the Society of Dermatology Skincare Specialists, and an associate member of the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine.
• dermHA’s products were formulated with sensitive skin needs in mind and are free of fragrance, alcohol, lanolin, dyes, propylene glycol and mineral oil.